Almost immediately after the fearful news about elevator buttons, and with the world worried about the Ebola virus, the American Society for Microbiology has issued a press release decrying the dangers of doorknobs.
As I wrote here recently, three doctors in Toronto wrote a little study about the bacteria they found on hospital elevator buttons. That study might foster a renewed yearning for so-called bacteria-killing soaps, lotions, and other products that claim to wipe out scary bugs. There’s an entire industry devoted to those products — products that can, if used carelessly, end up doing more harm than good….
So begins another Improbable Innovation nugget, which appears in its entirety on BetaBoston.