Here is the Ig Informal Lecture by the winners of the 2020 Ig Nobel Psychology Prize.
The Ig Nobel Prizes honor achievements that make people LAUGH, then THINK. In the Ig Informal Lectures, some days after the ceremony, the new Ig Nobel Prize winners attempt to explain what they did, and why they did it. [In non-pandemic years, the lectures happen at MIT, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, two days after the Ig Nobel Prize ceremony. But in the pandemic year 2020, it’s all happening online.]
The 2020 Ig Nobel Prize for Psychology was awarded to Miranda Giacomin and Nicholas Rule, for devising a method to identify narcissists by examining their eyebrows.
They documented their research, in the study “Eyebrows Cue Grandiose Narcissism,” Miranda Giacomin and Nicholas O. Rule, Journal of Personality, vol. 87, no. 2, 2019, pp. 373-385.
- November 26th, 2020: Economics
- December 3rd, 2020: Psychology
- December 17th, 2020: Medicine
- December 24th, 2020: Physics
- December 31st, 2020: Entomology
- January 7th, 2021: Acoustics
- January 14th, 2021: Materials Science