Fashion news! We’re giving a makeover to the website for the Luxuriant Flowing Hair Club for Scientists™ (LFHCfS) and its conjoined clubs, The Luxuriant Former Hair Club for Scientists™ and The Luxuriant Facial Hair Club for Scientists™.
LFHCfS began in 2001 with its first member (psychologist Steven Pinker), and became so popular that it quickly grew beyond the bounds of that original little chunk of website. History ensued, highlighted by the founding of the “Former” and “Facial” clubs in 2010. New members now appear first in the Improbable Blog’s LFHCfS category, and are later gathered into Member Galleries based on the year they were inducted. To see some technical notes about the makeover, scroll down.
LFHCfS is welcoming new members!
Do you know a scientist with the necessary qualifications? Suggest that they join the LFHCfS!
Tech notes about the the makeover to the LFHCfS web site
The makeover aims to do several things:
- Create all these member galleries (here are 2013 and 2012)
- Expound on the club history and the perks of membership
- Explain how the club has expanded to become three (3) conjoined clubs, each with the same LFHCfS acronym
- Make it easier to read the site (it was packed in like an old warehouse before)
- Add links to hair-related resources
- Re-vamp the Historical Honorary Members page
- Make it easier for the early members to link to their own listing (read: brag) by giving each listing a unique HTML anchor tag:
Each member’s unique anchor tag will be their last name-hyphen-first initial. This means that David Wilson can link to his listing by finding himself in Gallery 6, and then adding #wilson-d to the end of that URL. For example: https://improbable.com/projects/hair/hair-club006.html#wilson-d