I’m coming to the UK to celebrate publication of my new book This Is Improbable, with a series of shows.
The first — and biggest — will be in London this Sunday. I’ll be joined by a glowing multitude of all-star writers, scientists, broadcasters, and other performers. Each performer will do a dramatic, two-minute-long reading from one of the bizarre studies featured in the book. Please join us:
Sunday, Sept 30: LONDON, 2:00 pm. — CONWAY HALL, 25 Red Lion Square. The lineup includes:
- Nick Doody: Stand up Comedian and The Atheist’s Guide to Chrismas contributor
- Helen Arney: Science Songtress
- Tim Radford; former science editor of The Guardian
- Dr Helen Scales: Marine Biologist
- Mo Costandi: Writer of Neurophilosophy for the Guardian,
- Alom Shaha: Physics teacher and author of The Young Atheist’s Handbook
- Neil Denny: radio show producer and Winston Churchill Memorial Travelling Fellow,
- Alice Bell: Science lecturer and communicator extraordinaire,
- Steve Colgan: QI contributor and Ex-Met Police ‘Ninja’
- Dr Stuart Clark: Science writer and novelist
- Dan Schreiber: Ex-QI Elf and Producer of BBC R4 The Museum of Curiosity
- Helen Zaltzman: Writer, speaker, autodidact
- Aarathi Prasad: Scientist and author
- James Harkin: QI Elf and Researcher at BBC R4 The Museum of Curiosity
- and perhaps a few more.
There are still some TICKETS available!
I’ll be doing other, equally improbable shows in Edinburgh (Tues, 2 Oct), Cambridge (Wed, 3 Oct), Bristol (Thu, 4 Oct), and Oxford (Fri, 5 Oct), and also appearing on the radio programs Infinite Monkey Cage and Museum of Curiosity.
Full schedule is on the Improbable Events page.
PS. Please spread the word! The twitter hashtag is #IgNobel