A final (but by no means complete) roundup of the work-related instrument-specific health-risks that professional musicians may encounter during their career …
Part 4 : Violins
• Violin chin rest eczema due to east-indian rosewood (Dalbergia latifolia ROXB).
• Chin rest allergy in a violinist
• Allergic contact dermatitis on a violinist’s neck from para-phenylenediamine in a chin rest stain
• Fiddler’s fingers’: violin-string dermatitis
• Development of Garrod’s pads in the fingers of a professional violinist
• Jaw dysfunction in viola and violin players.
• Transient entrapment neuropathy of the posterior interosseous nerve in violin players.
• Bruxism Related to Violin Playing
Musical Note : As Improbable readers will probably be aware, this Instrumental Malady turned out to be a hoax.
[This concludes Improbable’s partial list of Instrumental Maladies.]