We invite you to join us at the Ig Nobel Show at Imperial College London, UK, on Saturday November 18, 2023.
- 2023 Literature Prize winner Akira O’Connor (the sensations people feel when they repeat a single word many, many, many, many, many, many, many times)
- 2023 Physics Prize winners Bieito Fernández Castro, Miguel Gilcoto, Esperanza Broullón, and Beatriz Mouriño-Carballido (measuring the extent to which ocean-water mixing is affected by the sexual activity of anchovies)
- 2023 Education Prize winner Wijnand van Tilburg (methodically studying the boredom of teachers and students)
- 2023 Chemistry & Geology Prize winner Jan Zalasiewicz (explaining why many scientists like to lick rocks)
- 2014 Ig Nobel Psychology Prize winner Minna Lyons (a newer study: Referee Height Influences Decision Making in British Football Leagues)
WHAT: Ig Nobel Show
WHERE: Imperial College London, UK, in the Great Hall, in the Sherfield building, Exhibition Road
WHEN: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 2 pm.
TICKETS: This is the first half of a special double-event day, together with BAHFest London. (The Ig Nobel event begins at 2:00 pm. BAHFest begins at 5:00 pm). TICKETS TICKETS TICKETS are on sale; there is the option to purchase tickets for both events, or for just one.]
The event also will be webcast: