The special RED issue (vol. 22, no. 5) of the magazine (the Annals of Improbable Research) is now out! It’s bursting (as are all our issues) with carefully culled, improbable research snippets about everything, from anywhere, more or less.
Click on the cover image, below, to see the table of contents and some of the articles.
The special RED section includes these articles:
- Women and Men on Men and Women in Red
- The Power of Red Pens, Red-Clad Politicians, and Red Sneakers
- Guéguen on Red
- Some Insect Responses to Red
- Sometimes When Women Wear Red
- The Case of the Red Lingerie
- Assessing the Effect of Magnets on Cheap Red Wine
- Confessions of a Colour Blind Optometrist
- Kissing At a Distance
If you are a subscriber, you should have received an email letting you know the new issue is available, with directions for downloading your copy.
If you are not yet a subscriber, you can purchase that issue —or subscribe!—on our Gumroad page.
Back issues of the magazine, and tables of contents, are available here on the Improbable website.
Special thanks to Lauren Maurer Trew, our bookmaster, for working much of the tech magic that brought the magazine into this new, PDF era.