Please join us for any or all of the Ig Nobel events in Japan:
Ig Nobel Japan Tour
- September 20, Thursday—Nerd Nite Tokyo, Nagatacho GRID, Tokyo, Japan.— A very jet-lagged Marc Abrahams will discuss the Ig Nobel Prizes.
- September 21, Friday— Special Pre-Show Press Opening of the Ig Nobel Exhibition—AaMo Gallery at the Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan. —Marc Abrahams and several Ig Nobel Prize winners (Horiuchi, Watanabe, Suzuki, Hirose, Nakamats, Nakagaki, Kurihara, Uchiyama, Mabuchi, Yoshizawa) will take part.
- September 22, Saturday—Ig Nobel Exhibition—AaMo Gallery at the Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan. —Marc Abrahams will take part in the opening, on September 22. The exhibition will run from September 22-November 4, 2018. [The image you see here is from the 2-part manga (1, 2) about Marc and the Ig Nobel Prizes, published ten years ago. The illustrious writer of that manga will take part in the exhibition opening.]
- September 23, Sunday, 15:30—Miraikan (National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation). Part of this event will be webcast 17:30-19:00 (Tokyo time).
- September 26, Wednesday—Hokkaido University, Furihito Building —Marc Abrahams and Ig Nobel Prize winners Toshiyuki Nakagaki, and Kazunori Yoshizawa will discuss the Igs, and answer (and ask) questions. This event will also include the premiere of a new kind of Improbable Research public activity: the Two/Too Lectures.
- September 28, Friday, 17:30—Ishikawa Prefectural University, Hokkoku Shimbun Interchange Hall (2-1 Minami-cho, Kanazawa City) —Marc Abrahams and Ig Nobel Prize winners Yukio Hirose, and Hidehiko Kumagai (who is also president of the university) & Shinsuke Imai will discuss the Igs, and answer (and ask) questions.
The exhibition has its own twitter feed.
For additional detail and links (we will be adding them, bit by bit), check our Upcoming Events page.