The Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) is hosting a big Ig Nobel show Thursday night (4 April), beginning at 6:00 pm.
It’s in the IET Building on Savoy Place (not far from Charing Cross), beginning at 6:oo pm.
The event is FREE (and also, we are told, unfettered) — but you’d best book reservations.
The event will also be WEBCAST LIVE.
Paper airplanes will be on hand, and in the air. The show features:
- Marc Abrahams, organizer of the annual Ig Nobel Prize Ceremony
- Siobhan Abeyesinghe (Do hens have friends?)
- Charlotte Burn (Study of canine tail-chasing and human responses to it)
- Dan Schreiber (Improbable things I researched for The Museum of Curiosity and QI)
- Chris McManus, Ig Nobel Prize winner (Scrotal asymmetry in man and ancient sculpture). Professor McManus also will reveal the results of his recent, delicate Danish inquiry.
This is a featured event in the 2013 Ig Nobel Tour of the UK.
BONUS (after the event occurred): recorded video of the event